Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Finnegan Begina'gin






So one year, a couple months, two new lenses, and a couple hoods later... I'm no better. I will admit to taking my camera with me to most 'events', as any good mother would, but I have failed in my original intention of steadily improving my ability as I practice regularly. Oh well, I am accountable only to myself and my mom, the only person who reads the blog, so I am feeling okay about it.

So, here is my restart and my renewed commitment to myself (and Mom). I will post more regularly (3 a month okay?) and will focus on exposure, saturation, composure, and all those other things that are supposed to make a photo great. For now, though, I have mainly snapshots.

I did attempt a 'shoot' last night. As with any time I head out the door with my camera and an intention of capturing the perfect image of whatever my heart's desire might be for that day, I end up with nothing. As was the case as I set out to find wonderful moments I could pass on to my father for use in his nonprofit. Sadly, my mission failed. The last three above are the few mediocre images I was able to get last night.

However, when I have no intention, I tend to do much better (don't do well under pressure, maybe?). Little Miss Madelyn did a wonderful job of posing for me recently at an impromptu session as I tried out my new nifty fifty! She is such a perfect, beautiful little model I had to put her first. Here's to more Madelyn pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment